Friday, January 28, 2011

Manhattan Fruit Exchange

Chelsea Market:  
Manhattan Fruit Exchange
   I thought I had seen it all when it comes to produce. Not until I reached the “Manhattan Fruit Exchange.” This store sells every fruit and vegetable you could possibly think of. Lush tropical fruits from faraway places, exotic vegetables, fresh juices! I walked down the aisles with visions of tropical smoothies, roasted vegetables, fresh salads – it’s a very inspirational place for cooks! Emeril Lagasse filmed a few episodes of his show ‘Fresh Food Fast’ at this Chelsea Market location.
Olive HEAVEN!
Many different options when it comes to Olive Oil!
Pasta! Yum!
Beef, Veggie & Chicken Stocks by Rachael & Emeril
LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!! Al Dente Pasta! :-)
Pasta by Lidia Bastianich - her restaurant with Mario Batali (Del Posto) is right across the street!
Blood Oranges, Seville Oranges and Beans 
Impressive fresh produce
Fresh, vibrant, sweet red peppers - I love this photo!
Kiwano Melons - and an abundance of exotic fruits!
Look at these carrots - does it get any fresher than that?!
White Asparugus
Various peppers and chiles


No comments:

Post a Comment